The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) is pleased to announce that over 44 keynote speakers and thought leaders have confirmed to speak at the 22nd Annual African Securities Exchange Association (ASEA) Conference scheduled to hold on November 26 and 27, 2018 at the Oriental Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria.
Among the growing list of influential speakers are Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, Honourable Minister of Finance, Nigeria; Dr Akinwunmi Adesina, President, African Development Bank; Ms Arumah Oteh, Vice President and Treasurer, World Bank; Mr. Oscar Silva, Chairman, Davos International Advisory, Mr. Benedict Okey Oramah, CEO, Afrexim Bank; Mrs. Patience Oniha. Director General, Debt Management Office; Ms Nandini Sukumar, CEO, World Federation of Exchanges; Mr. Abimbola Ogunbanjo, President, Nigerian Stock Exchange, Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, Chairman, Coronation Capital and Ex-Officio, The Nigerian Stock Exchange to mention a few.
The two-day conference themed “Champions on the Rise: Africa’s Ascension to a More Sustainable Future”, will feature nine sessions and two special sessions. The conference will discuss burning issues around Africa’s global competitiveness, emerging technologies and inclusive growth, within the broader perspectives of sustainability. Dimensions to cover include:
- Green Growth
- Redefining Business Models: African Capital Markets in an Era of Customer-Centricity
- Cloud Banking
- FinTech for Africa – Driving Innovation and Efficiency in the 4th Industrial Revolution
- Galvanising Domestic Finance for the SDGs in Africa
- Driving Africa’s ‘Real’ Economy: Innovative Solutions for Market-Based SME Financing
- Pathways to Inclusive Growth in Africa: Digital Finance, Financial Literacy, Inclusion and the Democratisation of Wealth
- African Capital Markets – A Facilitator of Affordable Housing in SSA?
- RegTech and the Future of Regulation in Africa
Commenting on the development, the President of ASEA and Chief Executive Officer of NSE, Mr. Oscar N. Onyema said:
“We are pleased that so many influential thought leaders from around the world have already committed to speak at the 2018 ASEA Conference. Their experience will engender critical and insightful discussions at the conference aimed at accelerating sustainable growth in Africa, especially for African securities exchanges. We have launched a dedicated website to enable interested participants register and make payment for the conference at their convenience. Personally, I am looking forward to the conference which will officially mark the end of my tenure as President of the African Securities Exchanges Association.”