The Honourable Minister, Federal Ministry of Communications & Digital Economy – Professor Isa Ali Pantami and the Executive Vice Chairman and CEO of NCC – Professor Umar Garba Danbatta are among dignitaries to attend the official reception to celebrate the Equiano cable’s arrival in Nigeria.
The Equiano international subsea cable landing in Lagos is expected to bring 20 times more international bandwidth capacity into Nigeria than any other cable serving the region and become a critical element in Nigeria’s continued journey along the path of increasing the digitisation of its economy and meeting its current and future international connectivity demands – with all the benefits this brings to the country as a whole, to business and to individuals).
The event will be hosted by WIOCC CEO, Chris Wood, in conjunction with Google West Africa Director Juliet Ehimuan, and take place at the Open Access Data Centre in Lekki, Lagos on Thursday 21st April between 11 am and 1:30 pm.
Special VIP guests in attendance will include:
- The Executive Governor, Lagos State – Babajide Sanwo-Olu
- Honourable Minister at the Federal Ministry of Communications & Digital Economy- Professor Isa Ali Pantami
- Honourable Minister at the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture – Alhaji Lai Mohammed
- Honourable Minister at the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade & Investment – Chief Niyi Adebayo
- Executive Vice Chairman and CEO of NCC – Professor Umar Garba Danbatta.