Dr. Justus Clinton Uranta, the immediate past Group Managing Director/CEO of Niger Insurance Plc is set to join the ranks of Royal Fathers in Nigeria following his recent emergence as Alabo-Elect of Queenstown in Opobo Kingdom, Rivers State.
His coronation ceremonies scheduled for June 7, 8 and 9, 2019 will formally mark the beginning of his journey to serve his people as His Royal Highness (HRH) after more than 35 years of meritorious career in the insurance industry.
Queen’s Town (Kweniama) was founded and established by Chief Captain Uranta in 1887 under the protectorate of her Britannic Majesty, HRM Queen Victoria 1, Queen of England.
Today, Queenstown is part of the Opobo Kingdom, established by Chief Captain Uranta along with others, including the revered King Jaja of Opobo.
Chief Captain Uranta was a merchant warlord who fought and conquered many battles that earned him War Canoe Houses in Ibani translation– Omufie Aru Wari.
After the reign and death of Chief Captain Uranta, there had been other great men of repute who had reigned in royalty on their father’s throne, including Chief Justice Elijah Allswell Uranta, TIU’s illustrious father.
The immediate past Chief that occupied this royal stool was HRH Alabo Magnus N. C. Captain Uranta, Captain Uranta (X) Paramount ruler of Queenstown, Iroanya section.
After the death and burial of the immediate past Chief, the Royal stool has remained vacant with the need to fill the vacuum.
On that premise, a resolution was passed to Chief Captain Uranta War Canoe House to search for a befitting replacement.
Following an elaborate meeting of Chief Captain Uranta Wariseniapu Council Queenstown held on 27th January, 2019 at Chief Captain Uranta Palace, a consensus was reached and the Council unanimously elected/appointed Amaopusenibo Dr. Justus Clinton Uranta as Alabo Designate of Chief Captain Uranta War Canoe House and Iroanya Section.
Dr. Justus Clinton Uranta is the long-serving former Group Managing Director/CEO of the NSE-quoted Niger Insurance Plc.
Top of Form
Justus Uranta: The Profile
An astute Manager of Men & Resources, Dr. Justus Clinton Uranta had over 20 years of experience at the top management level of Niger Insurance Plc before bowing out of office with honour and grandeur.
He was until recently, the Group Managing Director/Chief Executive of Niger Insurance Plc, one of the leading insurance conglomerates sitting at the top of the financial sub-sector of the economy.
Prior to this, he held top management positions in other equally notable public institutions: such as NICON Insurance Corporation, Federal Ministry of Trade (finance) and Veritas Insurance Company, to mention but a few.
He is currently on the Board of the following companies:
- NIGER INSURANCE PLC
- NIC PROPERTIES LTD
- NIC SECURITIES & TRUST LTD
- BETA GLASS INDUSTRIES
- UNION ASSURANCE CO.
- EXPRESS DISCOUNT LTD
- TRUSTFUND PENSIONS PLC
He equally attended various academic institutions as stated hereunder:
- WILCOX MEMORIAL COMPREHENSIVE SECONDARY SCHOOL, ABA
- NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL, ABIA STATE 1970 – 74 WASC (DIVISION 2)
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY ZARIA 1975 – 77 DIPLOMA IN INSURANCE (UPPER KADUNA STATE CREDIT)
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY ZARIA 1981 – 84 Sc. (HONS) BUSINESS ADMIN KADUNA STATE (2ND CLASS UPPER)
- THE CHARTERED INSURANCE 1980 -85 ASSOCIATESHIP OF CII LONDON INSTITUTE OF LONDON (ACII)
- DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY 1998-00 MASTERS INBUS. ADMIN (MBA) ABRAKA, DELTA STATE
- THE COMMON WEALTH UNIVERSITY 2003 – 08 DOCTORATE IN BUSINESS BELIZE, CENTRAL AMERICA
His qualifications include:
- Diploma in Insurance (upper credit) (1975-1977).
- Sc (HONS) Business Admin -2ND Class upper (1981-1984)
- ACII, London (1980-1985)
- Master in Business Admin (1998-2000).
- Doctorate in Business Management (2003-2008).
Uranta also has fellowship awards from the following institutions:
- CHARTERED INSURANCE INSTITUTE OF NIGERIA 2004 FIIN
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MARKETING 2005 FNIMN
- NIGERIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT 2005 FNIM
- NIGERIAN INSTITUTE OF MGT. CONSULTANTS 2006 FNIMC
- CERTIFIED INSTITUTE OF COST MGT OF NIG. 2008 FCICMN
- ASSOCIATION OF PENSION FUNDS OF NIG. 2009 FAPFN
- COUNCIL MEMBER – CHARTERED INSURANCE INSTITUTE OF NIGERIA
- VICE CHAIRMAN – WEST AFRICAN INSURANCE INSTITUTE (WAII) THE GAMBIA
- ALUMNUS – LAGOS BUSINESS SCHOOL (AMPIO 2001)
- FSS 2020 COMMITTEE MEMBER (INSURANCE SECTOR)
He was a council member of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) and Vice-Chairman, West African Insurance Institute (WAII) at The Gambia and alumnus of the prestigious Lagos Business School (AMPIO 2010).
He was also a member of FSS 2020 (Insurance Sector Committee).
A grassroots man, he is well at home with members of his rural community. His belief in selfless service to humanity has been demonstrated in his contributions to educational advancements in his environment.
He is a strong believer in the cause of the common man and being a self motivated person, equally believes in motivating people around him.
Above all, he is God fearing and prudent in the conduct of his daily affairs.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS
- Established a secondary school in his hometown
- Constructed a six room public convenience in the same locality
- Contributed substantially in the re-construction of his native Church as well as award of scholarship to students in primary, secondary and tertiary institution
- He is a Knight of Saint Christopher (KSC).
He is happily married with children.