- Deepening Nigerian Content Opportunities in the Decade of Gas
Engr. Simbi Wabote
Nigerian Content Development & Monitoring Board
The 11th Practical Nigerian Content (PNC) Forum driven by the Nigerian Content Development & Monitoring Board (NCDMB) will take place in-person from December 5-8, 2022 in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
It is noteworthy that 11 years on from the enactment of the NOGICD Act, many strides have been made in developing domestic capacity that has spurred new business activity and retained wealth in the country.
The Practical Nigerian Content Forum will welcome you back to celebrate 11 years of the Nigerian Content Achievements and to further devise strategies for business recovery and sustaining Nigerian Content in a post-pandemic environment, while businesses connect to foster economic growth. The official annual meeting will gather the most senior industry stakeholders to discuss new strategies and engage with government and industry players across the value chain.
The 2022 key topics at the coming Forum include:
- Harnessing Nigerian Content opportunities for indigenous companies in
Nigeria’s decade of gas
- What opportunities have been revealed by the Seven Ministerial Regulations for increasing Nigerian Content Compliance?
- Outlining Nigeria’s Future Energy Mix and Nigerian Content objectives over the next 30 years?
- What are the enablers required to bridge the capacity gap for improved Local Content implementation with a growing focus on gas?
- How can indigenous companies attract required funding?
- What efforts are in place to explore Nigerian Content opportunities in
In a statement, H.E. Hon. Timipre Sylva, Hon. Minister of State for Petroleum Resources said:
“The Practical Nigerian Content Forum has consistently reached its objective and l want to sincerely commend the Management & Staff of NCDMB for making it such a high value event where oil industries gather annually to review the successes, opportunities and challenges of local content in the industry.”
Some of the key speakers expected at the event include H.E. Timipre Sylva, the Hon. Minister of State, Petroleum Resources, H.E. Mr. Emmanuel Udom, Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State; Mr. Simbi Wabote, Executive Secretary, Nigerian Content Development & Monitoring Board (NCDMB); Mr. Mele Kyari, Group Chief Executive Officer, NNPC Limited; Mr. Osagie Okunbor, Managing Director/Country Chair, Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC); Mr. Richard Kennedy, Chairman/Managing Director, Chevron Nigeria and Mr. Mike Sangster, Managing Director/CEO, TotalEnergies Nigeria.