Goldlink Insurance Plc is projecting premium income of N1O billion by 2O18 from N7.5 billion 2O17 and N5.2 billion in 2O16.
The financial forecast was unveiled yesterday at the company’s Facts Behind the Restructuring session at the Nigerian Stock Exchange [NSE] in Lagos.
Mr. Gbolahan Olutayo, Managing Director and CEO of Goldlink Insurance Plc listed the future plans of the company as follows:
· Source and inject funds to recapitalise the company,v through right issues and/or offer to other interested investor(s).
· Reinvigorate the marketing workforce to reclaim lostv market share, especially the Oil and Gas sector. Continue to adhere to best standards of regulatoryv compliance and Corporate Governance.
· Improve on the Company’s expenditure profile.
· Returning the company to a solvent position forv competitive businesses.
· Increase the use of Information Technology for efficientv business process and service delivery.
Mr. Oscar Onyema, Chief Executive Office of the NSE commended Goldlink Insurance Plc for blazing a trail as the anchor company for this maiden Facts Behind the Restructuring event at the Exchange.
“Facts Behind the Restructuring is a forum for companies undergoing restructuring to make information available to the investing public. The forum gives restructuring issuers the opportunity to lift the veil on their current financial and operational statuses, inform the investing public of the activities they have been engaging in order to restructure, and speak about the processes of resuscitating their businesses to make them viable in order to come into full compliance with their post listing obligations,” Onyema said.
“In the truest traditions of the capital market, the Facts Behind the Restructuring event is about providing information. As the capital market is information driven, it is our expectation that Goldlink’s interactions with the market through this forum will bring investors up to date on key facts they need to know as they make investment decisions. As with other interactions between issuers and the market, this Facts Behind the Restructuring event will provide the audience with the opportunity to ask Goldlink’s Management relevant questions that arise out of the presentation or howsoever. We are certain that Goldlink and other restructuring companies have a lot to discuss with the market.”